Friday, August 31, 2018

#Word of the Week: Procrastination

So my word of the week is...


It has been the final week of the holidays, and ,true to my style, a list was made off the things that I had yet to do or wanted to do before Titch goes back to school and I go back to work.

1. Ironing
Now normally, during term time, the Husband does all the ironing and cleaning as he is at home in the day. However, in the holidays I like to show my appreciation and do some of those monotonous jobs that the Husband does week in and week out.  So far this holiday we have lived on ironing the clothes we need each day. So I bet you can imagine how many piles there are.  Therefore, it was my intention to have a quieter week and tackle the pile. We are now two days away from the end of the holidays and it hasn't been touched.  Looks like the Husband will be doing it next week.


2. School Work
This is something that I have been avoiding.  I did spend the first week of the holidays in school getting my classroom ready and getting planning and resources sorted for the first week back, but I didn't get it all done.  My plan was to do a little each night this week so that I can avoid the dreaded Sunday feeling.  Unfortunately, it looks like that Sunday feelings will be here as I still haven't managed to do everything that I want to.

3. Maths
Unfortunately last year Titch fell slightly behind in his maths, so he vowed that he would spend sometime in the holidays practising his maths ready for the new term.  Each week he has said, ' I will start next week.' Looks like I am not the only one who has been procrastinating.

4.Days out
Now maybe this isn't classed as procrastination, but this week we planned two days out: one to Blackpool and one to Alton Towers and we never made it to them.  Instead we lazed about, went out for lunch, went to the gym and basically had a chilled week.


We have had such a busy 5 weeks that having a laid back week was actually nice for a change. So maybe procrastinating was indeed needed before the term starts.



The Reading Residence
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. A little procrastination is called for after a busy summer. I started the holidays with the intention of helping the kids keep up with their reading and writing but that fell by the wayside but I think the total break has done them good. I hope next week and back to school goes well for you x #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they learned much more than just reading and writing anyway. And the kids definitely need the break. I just hope now that we can all get back into a routine.

      Delete
  2. Ahh! I had so much planned and we only got half of it done.
    We don't do ironing unless it's the kids school uniforms. hehehe
    I think after 5 busy weeks you deserve a week of not doing much. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...sometimes it great to have those kinds of weeks. The husband doesn't mind ironing. He will be happy once we are all back to school and he can resume his normal routine. x

      Delete
  3. I think having a chilled week is sometimes what we need, and it sounds like that's been you this week. You'll get it all done eventually! Thanks for joining in with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I am sure we will...or the husband will anyway. x

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, your post has made me think of all the things that I haven't got around to doing all summer! Still, sometimes it's nice to forget about the things you need to do and just do what you want. x
    #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. We have loved our summer together but this week was great even though we didn't get to do much.

      Delete

© Thrills, Spills and Adventures
Blogger Templates by pipdig